[tex-live] XeLaTeX with WinEdt in UTF-8 on Windows

Nikos Platis nplatis at uop.gr
Sun Jun 14 20:43:25 CEST 2009

Hi,
As you can see in WinEdt's webpages, unicode is not its strong point. It
seems that the latest betas have some support for it, but I don't know
how good it is (I tried it sometime ago very quickly, but couldn't use
it -- but I didn't try a lot!).
I have used WinShell for unicode texts under Windows with success, and
it is rather easy to configure "user-defined" commands.

Nikos

O/H Pander έγραψε:
> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine has installed texlive 2008 on a Windows machine and
> would like to to use it with WinEdt with UTF-8.
>
> Hoeweverm he faces two challanges which I cannot guide him with since
> I'm not familiar with that operating system anymore.
>
> Can someone please send me soem pointers on how to configure WinEdt to
> use xelatex (which is in his DOS path) and secondly how Windows will not
> use its native codepage but UTF-8 for entering characters with
> diacritics. Any help is welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pander

Nikos Platis
Lecturer                                    http://www.uop.gr/~nplatis/
University of Peloponnese                        email:  nplatis at uop.gr
Department of Computer Science and Technology      tel: +30 2710 372264
"The empires of the future are the empires of the mind." - W. Churchill