[tex-live] problem with fonts -- how do i debug this?

Jim Young jim.young at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jun 9 23:46:38 CEST 2009

thank you very much Manuel for your suggestions.

kpsewhich finds the pfb file just fine: (its in
..../texmf-local/fonts/type1/adobe/minionpro/MinionPro-Regular.pfb

I ran "updmap-sys --enable Map=MinionPro.map"

it did a bunch of things,
 but i still get the same error. I tried rerunning mktexlsr and updmap ...
while they are black boxes to me, they seem to help with processing a setup.
Still no change.

Thank you again for the help. Any other ideas?

--
James Young, B.Sc.
Ph.D. Candidate
E-mail: jim.young at ucalgary.ca