[tex-live] problem with fonts -- how do i debug this?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jun 9 21:53:54 CEST 2009

Jim Young a écrit :
> !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.exe (file MinionPro-It-Base-ab): Font
> MinionPro-It-Base-ab at 545 not found
>   ==> Fatal error occured, no output PDF file produced!
> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+545/600 --dpi 545
> MinionPro-It-Base-ab
> kpathsea: Appending font creating commands to missfont.log.
> ----

Are the pfb files correctly installed? Try

kpsewhich MinionPro-Regular.pfb

if it works, the only problem I can think of is with the map files. Did you use
updmap-sys --enable-map MinionPro.map ? Did it work?

Btw, you shouldn't worry about the mf files. Those are metafont sources for
bitmap fonts. When a font isn't found, mktexpk tries to build them from a mf
file, guessing the name from the name of the font. It has nothing to do with the
real problem here: once the Type1 version will be found correctly, mktexpk won't
be invoked any more.

Manuel.