[tex-live] tlmgr --self

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 17:42:38 CEST 2009

2009/7/30 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Uwe Siart wrote:
>> > OTOH one can call
>> >     tlmgr update --all --no-forcibly-removed
>> > That one will install all packages that tlmgr considers forcibly removed.
>>
>> Why is there a »no« in --no-forcibly-removed? Shouldn't it rather be
>> --forcibly-removed?
>
> Because:
>        --no-remove
>                makes tlmgr ignore remove tags
>        --no-auto-install
>                makes tlmgr ignore auto-install tags
>        --no-forcibly-removed
>                makes tlmgr ignore forcibly-removed tags

I admit that I don't like this naming too much either,
--no-forcibly-removed might be consistent but is quite confusing.

>> And because it is an explicit request to install packages would it be
>> more intuitive to assign it to the install action rather than the update
>> action and call
>>
>>   tlmgr install --forcibly-removed
>
> Could be, but programmatically difficult, because the computation of
> which packages are forcible removed is done only in the update action.
> The install actions is soooooo much simpler.

Norbert, could you hold on for a while with patches to tlmgr.pl, at
least in the action_update. I had to change the update logic in a few
places, because it wasn't working right (@todo expansion).

Cheers,

Tomek