[tex-live] tlmgr --self

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 30 17:12:24 CEST 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Uwe Siart wrote:
> >>   tlmgr update --sync --all
> >
> > That one is missing.
>
> Please feel free to make your own decision about what makes sense. For
> me a --no-auto-update would be nice to have but only if there is also an
> easy way like update --sync --all to make up for all lost packages.

Ok, I have implemented all of that:

	tlmgr update --all --no-auto-install

will not auto-install any packages, but later on those will be considered
as forcibly removed.

OTOH one can call
	tlmgr update --all --no-forcibly-removed
That one will install all packages that tlmgr considers forcibly removed.

(As in a different thread, --sync is to general so I want to keep its
interpretation for now free)

Best wishes

Norbert

ZEAL MONACHORUM (n.)
(Skiing term.) To ski with 'zeal monachorum' is to descend the top
three quarters of the mountain in a quivering blue funk, but on
arriving at the gentle bit just in front of the restaurant to whizz to
a stop like a victorious slalom-champion.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff