[tex-live] TexLive 2008: tlmgr not working on Windows

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Wed Jul 22 10:50:23 CEST 2009

> I suggest reinstalling tlmgr as
> explained in
>
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html
>
> under "disaster recovery".

After installing (to the USB stick), this yields:

Can't locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ./tlpkg K:\TeXLive\tlpkg\installer\perllib .) at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 125.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtiles.pm line 125.
Compilation failed in require at K:\TeXLive\install-tl line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at K:\TeXLive\install-tl line 50.
Initializatioon of TeXLive failed!

And this means that now not just tlmgr is not working, but that my entire portable TeXLive installation is broken. Thanks for that.

Yet another afternoon to re-install what was at least _somehwat_ working.

Did I mention yet that I _love_ "installers" that wreak havoc to working systems?

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

--
NO "Courtesy Copies" PLEASE!