[tex-live] updmap.cfg query

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jul 20 23:42:37 CEST 2009

Hi Rowland,

    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg
    /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/web2c/updmap.cfg

    To which updmap.cfg should I make my addition?

Probably texmf-config, but see below.

    Is it still right to run updmap.sys after making the above modification?

Yes, updmap-sys rather than updmap.

As far as I can tell such additions are preserved by updmap[-sys].

    And how could I have found the answer to those two questions myself?

Run  kpsewhich updmap.cfg.  Whatever it returns is the "active" file to
be modified.

karl