[tex-live] Bug in MacTeX 2009?

Maxwell, Adam R adam.maxwell at pnl.gov
Wed Jul 15 21:52:13 CEST 2009

On 07/15/09 12:02, "Artemio Gonzalez Lopez" <artemiog at mac.com> wrote:

> I am experiencing a strange bug after installing the test release of
> MacTeX 2009 in one of my computers, namely the TeX Distribution
> preference pane does not recognize any of my TeXLive distribution
> (2008 and 2009), and claims that I don't have any distribution
> installed. I don't have any idea what the problem might be, since in
> my other two machines MacTeX 2009 works well. Any clues anybody?

A similar problem was reported here a couple of days ago, also, but neither
of my systems has a problem.  Does the console log report anything of
interest (e.g., an exception)?

Dick, do you know where the source for that prefpane lives?
http://code.google.com/p/mac-texdist-pref-pane/ looks promising, but the svn
repo is empty...