[tex-live] Network installation of pretest TL fails

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jul 9 15:21:26 CEST 2009

On Do, 09 Jul 2009, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> not TL 2009. Could the installer verify whether the TL database exists
> on the server and if not, select another mirror?

That is the automatic mirroring, for pretest please select one mirror
manually via -location.

No, we wont retry different mirrors, because it might be that the user
is simply offline.

> BTW: I do not have space for CTAN mirroring but I could mirror TL. My
> computer is on a GB network.

Karl will answer, but you can simply rsync from one of the other servers
listed at tug.org/texlive/pretest.html.

Thanks!

Norbert