[tex-live] pretest: texdoc problem

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 6 02:24:38 CEST 2009

T T a écrit :
> On 05/07/2009, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr> wrote:
>> Philipp Stephani a écrit :
>>> still better would be to use ShellExecute directly.
>> What's ShellExecute?
>
> It's Windows API equivalent of file actions in explorer (open, edit,
> etc.). You won't have access to that from texlua without some extra
> libraries.

Ok, I won't try to use it.

> The failure has something to do with how system call arguments are
> handled (quotes seem to be striped off of arguments unless they
> contain spaces. Try with:
>
>   os.execute('echo start "foo" "bar baz"')
>
> Using os.execute('start "something with a space here" "C:\mydoc.pdf"')
> should fix it.

Thanks for the hint.

Uwe, can you please try to change lines 663-667 of
texlive\2009\texmf\scripts\texdoc\texdoc.tlu to something like

            viewer_dvi    = 'start "texdoc viewer"',
            viewer_html   = 'start "texdoc viewer"',
            viewer_pdf    = 'start "texdoc viewer"',
            viewer_ps     = 'start "texdoc viewer"',

and see if it solves the problem?

I'm quite surprised it worked with texdoc from tl08, which used the same command.

Thanks,
Manuel.