[tex-live] pretest: texdoc problem

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 6 01:19:40 CEST 2009

Uwe Siart a écrit :
> In current TL'09 pretest 'texdoc' does not work correctly. After calling
> e.g. 'textdoc csquotes' I get
>
> ,----
> | e:\user\siart>texdoc csquotes
> | texdoc csquotes
> | win32_system(start "" "c:\Programme\texlive\2009\texmf-dist\doc\latex\csquotes\csquotes.pdf") call failed (Error 193).
> `----
>
> csquotes.pdf is in its right place, though.

This has most probably nothing to do with the place of the pdf file. The error
message (and code) is not from texdoc, apparently some system call failed.

> OS is W2kSP4.

In your other message you say it works ok on your Xp Sp3, so I'm afraid this is
system dependant. Unfortunately, I have no access to a w2k system. Would it be
ok for you to run a few tests for me on your machine?

First, I'd like to rule out problems with the wrappers (we already had strange
system-dependant problems with old wrappers last year). Can you try

texlua "c:\path\to\texlive\2009\scripts\texdoc\texdoc.tlu" csquotes

and see if it changes anything?

Thanks,
Manuel.