[tex-live] getnonfreefonts --help

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jan 28 21:49:24 CET 2009

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> Hi everybody and sorry for the confusion.  There is a bug I introduced
> recently indeed.

Well, it happens.

> At the moment my computer is not working very well.  I sometimes get
> I/O errors when reading files and it's too dangerous to upload a new
> version to the repository until I have these problems solved.  Don't
> want to break the repo again.  But, Manuel, I could send you a fixed
> version of this file by mail which you can upload then.

Sure, feel free to send me the file or a patch.

> In order to achieve this, I had to use --expand-path instead of
> --expand-var.  When I tested it, I had not been aware that
> --expand-path only returns a list of directories which actually exist.

Oh, yes. I read this some time ago but forgot about it too. And we were
so close to understand, with

kpsewhich --expand-path \$TEXMFHOME # (nothing)
kpsewhich --expand-var  \$TEXMFHOME # (something)

So, no contradiction between Niel's messages from 15:03 and 20:25, but a
confusion in the later:

\begin{quote}
Let's back up.  I'm getting the same result for
  kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFHOME
and
   kpsewhich --expand-path \$TEXMFHOME
                      ^^^^