[tex-live] xdvi-motif and the mouse wheel

Stefan Ulrich stefanulrich at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 19:55:04 CET 2009

Ken Brown <kbrow1i at gmail.com> writes:

> I've just built xdvi on cygwin using lesstif 0.95.0, and the mouse wheel
> doesn't behave right in the page list.  It scrolls many pages at a time
> instead of just one.  This problem doesn't occur in the xaw build.  Is
> this is a known problem?  It's not mentioned in
> source/texk/xdvik/LESSTIF-BUGS, and I couldn't find it in the xdvik bug
> list either.

OK, in that case it's probably missing from LESSTIF-BUGS ;-) There
were so many problems with Lesstif (some possibly due to my ignorance
of the toolkit) that I've essentially given up on it.  I understand
that you can't use OpenMotif on Windows, so it's probably best to go
with xaw instead.

Best regards,
Stefan