[tex-live] getnonfreefonts --help

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:03:06 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> 2009/1/28 Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com>:
> >> but why doesn't it test whether the fonts are actually installed
> >> globally on the system, taht would be a nice addition.
> >
> > But why does mine say TEXMFHOME is not set?  How do I set it?  This is a
> > brand-new installation.
>
> dou you have your TL bin directory at the beginning of PATH? Setting
> TEXMFHOME should not be necessary because it's obtained by call to
> kpsewhich. You can test it by
>
> kpsewhich --expand-path=\$TEXMFHOME
>
> It should return the value even without the need of explicit setting.
> It is the very way used by getnonfreefonts.

 kpsewhich --expand-path=\$TEXMFHOME
[ silence ]

[nbecker at nbecker5 ~]$ which kpsewhich
/usr/local/bin/kpsewhich

[nbecker at nbecker5 ~]$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/kpsewhich
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 2009-01-27 14:47 /usr/local/bin/kpsewhich ->
/usr/share/texlive-2008/bin/x86_64-linux/kpsewhich

Yup, that's the correct kpsewhich.  Why doesn't it work?