[tex-live] getnonfreefonts --help

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Jan 28 14:41:41 CET 2009

Neal Becker wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Lars Madsen wrote:
>> Neal Becker wrote:

>>> Here's what I get:
>>>
>>> TEXMFHOME=/home/nbecker/texmf getnonfreefonts -l
>>> ! ERROR: The variable TEXMFHOME is not set.
>>>
>>> I am not a tex newb, but I find this _very_ confusing.  What's wrong
>>> here?
>> which shell are you using here?
>>
>> under bash it might be more correct to use
>>
>> export TEXMFHOME=/home/nbecker/texmf
>> getnonfreefonts -l
>>
>> (untested)
>
> Nope, under bash:
> VARIABLE=VALUE command
>
> does exactly the same thing, except that VARIABLE is only set while command is
> executed.

yes you are right.

when we are at it the output of just running

getnonfreefonts -l

is also confusing, it lists that

Installation directory: /home/daleif/texmf

[snip list of fonts not installed]

but why doesn't it test whether the fonts are actually installed
globally on the system, taht would be a nice addition.

--

/daleif