[tex-live] pst-trees

Robin Fairbairns rf10 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 27 14:20:21 CET 2009

Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Robin Fairbairns <rf10 at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > pst-tree was moved, but it exists in current tex live, as represented on
> > ftp.tex.ac.uk
> >
> > you're probably looking at a mirror which uses the american ctan host,
> > which is currently down (for replacement of the hardware); this would
> > explain the transitory effect you're seeing.
>
> Yes, I am looking at ctan which is supposed to be down but is not at
> this moment.

that's the old machine, which is in process of being replaced.  "they"
had told us it would be out of service, but apparently not.

among other things, it's not accepting update control messages ... hence
the confusion.  it last did a peering operation with me at 1500 or so
(my local) yesterday.

just accept my assurance that things are wrong there.  point your update
at ftp.tex.ac.uk or www.tex.ac.uk and you'll get the right thing.  (but
don't leave it pointing that way when tug.ctan.org is up again; i
already shift twice the amount of data that tug.ctan or dante.ctan
do...)

robin