[tex-live] oversimplyfied test for lzmadec existence

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 14 16:58:18 CET 2009

Dear Jukka,

On Mi, 14 Jan 2009, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> after installing TL 2008 on a NetBSD/i386 4.0 system I noticed that
> tlmgr(1) always complains about lzmadec not being found (I do have a
> usable lzmadec binary in my $PATH):

There is a reason we give up on that: The lzma format is changing and
not fixed. I might be that your lzmadec does not correctly handle the
version we are using to generate the packs.

For that reason we decided to die if there is no lzmadec binary for the
architecture.

BTW, if your arch is not supported, which binaries are you running?
Do the binaries you are using actually work? If yes, we could add some
alias so that other people can install TL2008 on your arch.

I guess you used the i386-freebsd binaries?

Another way would have been to copy the
	tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-freebsd
	tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-netbsd
(assuming that this is what platform returns)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your contribution, let us try to get this
working for i386-netbsd.

> bashian roulette:
> $ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~

Hihi ... just tried, succeeded!