[tex-live] bug report - bibtex BIBINPUTS error, Ubuntu hardy, texlive 2007-13

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Sat Feb 28 05:55:36 CET 2009

You probably have a books.bib in the standard search path.
The colon instructs bibtex to search there first. Changing
the name of your .bib file probably makes its name unique.

I suggest a less generic name than "books". Or put the colon last.

I searched my TeXLive and found a books.bib only among
the documentation of bibtopic. But it is certainly possible
your system might have one in the bibinputs path.

Dan Luecking
--
Dept. Of Mathematics
University of Arkansas