[tex-live] TeXLive2008 and Windows

Julien Cornebise julien.cornebise at upmc.fr
Wed Feb 25 17:41:37 CET 2009

You're welcome, glad to know that Manuel spreads it and it can be helpful :)

Getting an .exe out of it should be doable with py2exe,
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial

Seems pretty straightforward, but I won't have the time to look in the
licensing issue (as it will embed some parts of python's lib --
specially pywin), I guess I can't use WTFPL v2 as I've done before)
before at least 2 full weeks.

Besides, beware that this script is really a quick'n dirty piece of
code. Specially, I haven't tested whether it might launch a second
instance of SumatraPDF (it happens sometimes, I did not investigate
why), and it also does not take care of launching sumatraPDF if the
connection to the DDE server fails -- that's just a few lines of code,
but really no time these 2 weeks (wrapping up PhD dissertation, oooops).

Best,

--
Julien Cornebise
PhD Student, TSI - ENST Paris and LSTA - University Paris 6