[tex-live] TeXLive2008 and Windows

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Wed Feb 25 09:38:54 CET 2009

Dear List,

I already asked the same question on the Mac OS X Mailing List [1],
but maybe it is better asked here:

What is the preferred way to use TeXLive2008 on a Windows Vista PC?
The top items on my wish list are

* TeXLive2008 with tlmgr
* an editor that is easy to handle
* A Viewer that integrates well with the editor
* preconfigured workflow is pdflatex, with PDF being displayed in the
Viewer
* synchronisation .tex <-> .pdf in both directions with synctex
* as few as possible finetuning of the several applications involved

This wishlist implies that proTeXt is not really what I am looking
for, I think. I am looking for something as close to a "MacTeX on
Windows" as possible. (I am using MacTeX = TeXLive + a set of
application that match all the criteria above)

On the Mac OS X Mailing List, the Korean TUG distribution was
mentioned [2], but unfortunately, the website is in Korean what is a
problem.

Sorry if this too off-topic and thanks for any hints -

Daniel