[tex-live] is new tlmgr broken?

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 22:22:14 CET 2009

Hi,

I noticed somehow similar messages on my installation (Ubuntu 64bit, TL2008 installed from DVD, update-tlmgt-latest.sh from 20.02.2009). The messages states:

skipping forcibly removed package xecolour

where "xecolour" is only one of 43 packages with same message.

Whenever I run tlmgr update --all it shows the same. Should I be worried? Or is it safe simply to ignore it? I haven't noticed any problems in work, but would like to know if there's a problem with this. Thanks