[tex-live] Installation: dviout\dviout.exe not found

Steve MC Han hmc0907 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 06:24:50 CET 2009

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the response and your detailed description for installation. I have some questions after installation.

1. dviout\dviout.exe not found. How do I locate this file or you don't have that problem?
   I checked and found dviout file in TexLive2007, but not in 2008.

2. Did you also have to install ghostscript, gsview etc to use ps2pdf ?

3. I did latex a file and dvips, then ps2pdf and the product was defected. Each page, first 3/4 of blank white and all the letter and picture are shown shrinked at the bottom 1/4 of the page. The same file was perfectly OK with TexLive 2007. I don't know what happened?

My installation problem was originally caused by the special protection feature of Vista. I should have read more carefully from the experts: Tomek and Norbert Preining, etc But then again I didn't understand what they were saying at that time.

Thank you very much
Steve