[tex-live] (Installation Problem)

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 11:17:23 CET 2009

2009/2/19 Steve MC Han <hmc0907 at yahoo.com>:
> I did 'system restore' and but it still shows ABORTED INSTALLATION FOUND.
> That means somehow texlive was not removed.

I think that system restore only rewinds the registry and some system
locations. The rest of the files on disk are not touched, I suppose,
and have to be removed manually.

> C:\Users\garfield\Downloads\install-tl\install-tl\tlpkg\installer;C:\Windo
> ws\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Common
> Files\Ro
> xio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio
> Shared\DLLShared\;C:\P
> rogram Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared\
> ABORTED INSTALLATION FOUND: installation.profile
> Do you want to continue with the exact same settings as before (y/N): n
> Installing from:
> http://gentoo.chem.wisc.edu/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2
> 008
> Installing [0001/1817, time/total: ??:??/??:??]: 12many [375k]
> The system cannot find the path specified.

Strange.

> Cannot open C:/Program Files/texlive/2008/tlpkg/installer/uninst.bat for
> append

Looks like you don't have write access rights to C:/Program Files.
You're on Vista, right? When you are in TL installer gui, do you see
any messages in red? There should be nothing in red!!!

Let's try this. Create a directory, say, C:\TeXLive and choose it in
installer for TEXDIR (the main TeX directory). I hope that this will
do it. Again, there should be no messages in red in the installer gui.

Cheers,

Tomek