[tex-live] (Installation Problem)

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 20:49:56 CET 2009

2009/2/18 Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
> 1) Find out if there really is a TeX Live installation
>   under C:\Program; in other words, using either
>   Explorer or the CMD prompt (whichever you feel more
>   comfortable with) look directly under C:\Program
>   and report back here what you see.

Just to add to what Philip said. It would be also helpful if could
send us the installation log. This will be the install-tl.log file
located in the main directory of your TL installation. If you find
something like this, send it to us.

> 3) Get yourself a genuine TeX Live 2008 CD.  I seem to recall
>   that you originally installed from
>
>        http://ctan.releasenotes.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/
>
>   which is not (as far as I know) associated with
>   the official TeX Live 2008 release in any way.

I've just checked that repo. It ships install-tl rev. 12110. That's
exactly the same revision I used recently and I had no problems with
it.

Cheers,

Tomek