[tex-live] Recognition of texmf-local

A. Jan Kutylowski a.j.kutylowski at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:18:47 CET 2009

  Hi,

I have been struggling with installation of 2008 TeXLive. Using
specification suggested by Nero7 I have burnt a DVD from the iso file.
Attempt at installation from DVD failed (no action in the command
window). It seems to me the user would appreciate to have detailed
instructions as to the format in which DVD should be burnt.

Then I have uncompressed the iso tree and installed from it. This went
fine. However, any attempt so far to get TeXLive to recognize contents
of my texmf-local directory that was duly created as a subdirectory of
the root tree failed (content worked with TeXLive 2007 and was copied to
the new one). The program tells me files physically present in the
texmf-local directory, in accordance with the usual directory structure
are not there.

Several attempts using mktexlsr directly or relevant button in the
TeXManager led to no improvement. Recreation of formats did not help either.

 >Before running the installer on Windows, be sure to remove any
previous >TeX binary directory from your PATH (whether for TL or MiKTeX
or >another distribution), and also remove any other TeX-related
 >environment variables.

All such directories were removed before installation.

Could someone give a advice as to what I should do to have the local
temmf directory recognized? The system is Windows XP professional SP2
(Norwegian).

Best regards,

A. Jan Kutylowski
+++