[tex-live] tlpsrc2tlpdb bugs?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Feb 7 18:04:36 CET 2009

Hi,

first of all, for sure repository-setup is not the perfect description.
And many things are hidding in the attic ...

On Fr, 06 Feb 2009, luoyi wrote:
> luoyi at lancelot:~/tl/texmf/tlpkg$ perl bin/tlpsrc2tlpdb -from-files -all
> bin/tlpsrc2tlpdb: -c /Cat/a/logue not given, continuing without it.
> bin/tlpsrc2tlpdb: reading Master /home/luoyi/tl/texmf ...

fine

> Ignoring svn status output line:
>                  1 1 dummy

fine

> Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at
> bin/../TeXLive/TLTREE.pm line 338.
> bin/tlpsrc2tlpdb: updating from tlpsrc ...
> Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at
> bin/../TeXLive/TLTREE.pm line 338.
> Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at
> bin/../TeXLive/TLTREE.pm line 338.
> Use of uninitialized value in array dereference at
> bin/../TeXLive/TLTREE.pm line 338.
> no available_architectures, continuing anyway ... at
> bin/../TeXLive/TLPDB.pm line 1172.
> bin/tlpsrc2tlpdb: wrote 2 packages to /home/luoyi/tl/texmf.

You seem to have arch depending packages, could that be?
What are the files you are having in your tlpkg/tlpsrc?
Haa, reading the code I see that there can be really a problem.

I assume you dont have any
	.../tl/bin/<ARCH>/...
file, right? In this case the code in
	TLTREE: sub _initialize_lines
does not find any architecture.

But as far as I see that should not be a problem in your case. Please
tell us if the generated texlive.tlpdb is actually the one you wanted,
as Karl suggested.

Best wishes

Norbert