[tex-live] hyperref nolinkurl regression from 2007, \ not accepted anymore

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Dec 27 21:51:43 CET 2009

Dear Heiko,

(please keep the other from Cc on Cc)

the Debian build process exhibited a problem with upgrade to TL2009, namely
that a literal
	\
is not accepted anymore in \nolinkurl{...}

Minimal example:
	\documentclass{article}
	\usepackage{hyperref}
	\begin{document}
	Test \nolinkurl{c:\fooooooo\barrrr}
	\end{document}
The problem is that docbook -> latex translation uses \nolinkurl for
local paths, too, as above, and there are Windows paths.

I confirmed that using the hypertex files from TL2007 the same
document works without any problem.

I wanted to ask you if that is a changed that is intended, or a regression.
And if it is intended what you suggest as a replacement.

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Norbert Preining                preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan               TU Wien, Austria            Debian TeX Task Force
gpg DSA: 0x09C5B094   fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76  A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094