[tex-live] Should .tds.zip be encouraged?

CTAN maintainer Jim Hefferon ftpmaint at alan.smcvt.edu
Thu Dec 24 13:15:21 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 12:27 +0100, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> So, every document advertising .tds.zip should make it clear that
> it is *not* the required format and people should upload archives
> to this format only if they wish *and* are sure they are able to get it
> right.

As a remark: that I can think of, there are no longer instructional
references to .tds.zip files that are accessible by browsing from the
canonical address here, tug.ctan.org .  Put another way: the
TDS-guidelines web page mentioned earlier can only be reached only if
you know the exact url.  We keep that page up because it makes sense to
have it sometimes, but it was omitted from the main html tree because of
exactly the concern that you've expressed that there could be a
misunderstanding about expectations.

Jim