[tex-live] characters > 127 in .dtx and .sty files

Elie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Dec 23 08:45:10 CET 2009

Karl Berry a écrit :
> Yes, done, etextools.sty updated.

Thank you! But it will break again on next CTAN update right?

>     (which is the default)?
>
> It is the default in tex.  It has not been the default in any other
> engine for years.  I've found it's best to use latex as the default
> engine to process ins/dtx.

I didn't know that, thank you!

>     At least for packages with this kind of characters in them.
>
> I don't want to make a wholesale change, because it seems to me that
> could easily introduce as many errors as fixes.  If you feel like
> grepping the runtime for non-ASCII characters and prove that wrong, let
> me know ...

Would another solution be to tell the package maintainters to provide a
.tds.zip on CTAN with the files in the good format? I'll try to do it
for packages with non-ASCII characters.

Is there a page describing quickly what is a .tds.zip archive? I could
send the link to package maintainers.

Thank you!
--
Elie