[tex-live] TeXdoc error: attempt to concatenate global 'viewext' (a nil value)

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Dec 22 13:35:40 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:56:10 +0100, "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner at suse.de>
wrote:
> just got a user report:
>
>   > texdoc l2kurz
>   /usr/bin/texdoc:662: attempt to concatenate global 'viewext' (a nil
>   value)
>
> I've verified that this happens in the lua /usr/bin/texdoc at
> line 662 with TeX Live 2008 and in line 667 with TeX Live 2009:
>
>      return config['viewer_'..viewext], viewer_replacement

Thanks for your report. Unfortunately, I have no access to my working
texlive+texdoc environment right now (holidays + laptop breakage), so I'm
afraid it'll take some time before I can look into it.

In the meanwhile, may I request a few additional informations?
- Does it happen only with l2kurz? If so, what is the output of 'texdoc -l
l2kurk'?
- which version of texdoc are you using? If it's 0.47 as I suspect, is it
possible for you to upgrade and try with 0.60?

Thanks,
Manuel.