[tex-live] couldn't install on Windows 7

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 02:31:01 CET 2009

2009/12/21 Geoffrey S. Knauth <geoff at knauth.org>:
> On Dec 20, 2009, at 19:36, T T wrote:
>> Bummer. I don't know what to suggest. Do you use net installer or iso
>> image?
>
> net installer; I'm going to try the iso.xz in 22 minutes or so
>
>> Also check if
>> 'tlpkg/tlperl/bin/perl.exe --version' works at all.
>
> same alert from windows (perl.exe has stopped working)

Assuming that the net installer did not get corrupted, iso will not
help - it has the same Perl. Your options are:
- find the source of the problem (easier said then done); it's likely
something wrong with your system, since nobody else reported it
- replace our Perl with another one; Strawberry is known to work in
our setup and we are going to switch to it in the near future
- try Cygwin

Cheers,

Tomek