[tex-live] [TL09 and Vista] Problem with new tlmgr

TeXWorld texworld at laposte.net
Sun Dec 13 15:10:43 CET 2009

Hello,

When I try to update my packages with tlmgr, I'm told that tlmgr must be
updated first alone.
After that, the operation fails and I have to download and execute (in
root mode) update-tlmgr-latest.exe
After, I execute tlmgr again and that's the same thing, no change :
tlmgr has to be updated again.

Clue : in the end of executing update-tlmgr-latest.exe, I have the
message "Completed" and another short message (not very easy to read it) :
"Cannot chdir to J:: Permission denied at C:\Program
Files\texlive\2009\texmf\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 3856"

Is it a problem with TL09 or Vista or both ? How can I solve this ?

Thank you.

Jack