[tex-live] PS-View as Standard Application for PDF?

Klaus Hoeppner klaus at dante.de
Sat Dec 5 10:52:29 CET 2009

Hi,

Norbert Preining schrieb:
> depending on that ps_view is registered
> 	- to nothing
> 	- only to ps/pdf if they do not have a association by now
> 	- to both
> That is the intended behaviour (and the one I have seen on my installation
> boxes). If you saw something different/wrong, please let us know.

What I experienced:

Before:
No association for .ps, but Adobe Reader with administrator rights, and
.pdf was associated with AcroExch.Document in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.pdf, no associations for .ps and
.pdf for the user existing in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes

I installed TL as user, and afterwards both
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\{.pdf,.ps} were associated with
TL.PSVIEW. May it be that when installing as user it just checks for
existing registry keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not the association key in
HKLM (or checking HKEY_CURRENT_ROOT, what are the merged keys for the
machine and the current user)? I just did a reinstall by running
install-tl.bat (standard options chosen: letter instead of a4 unchecked,
create menu entries and desktop icons checked), same result.

Cheers
Klaus