[tex-live] testing infrastructure updates

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Dec 5 01:29:15 CET 2009

On 4 December 2009 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
 > > On 29 November 2009 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
 > >
 > >  > 1. Download getnonfreefonts;
 > >  > 2. Run it.
 > >
 > > It's not *that* easy, at least not on Windows.
 >
 > Oops, I forgot that.
 >
 > >  I'm thinking about an
 > > installer for getnonfreefonts which copies it to the same directories
 > > where it had been before, creates the symlinks on Unix and the
 > > wrappers for Windows.  Hope that I can do it in the near future.
 > >
 > Hmm... while you're at it, why not make the installer also *run*
 > getnonfreefonts (or make it an option)? That way, people don't get the
 > impression of a second-order procedure (install the stuff that will
 > install the fonts).

Hi Manuel,
the manual pages have to be installed before people are using
getnonfreefonts.  I'm also sure that it's better if the admin can
install it once and any user can use it later.

What I have in mind is an installer written in Lua (Perl is not
accessible on Windows) which contains the program and the man pages as
here-documents.  Then it's sufficient to download it to an arbitrary
directory and run "texlua install-getnonfreefonts".  I think that this
is quite straightforward, and once it is installed, everything behaves
as usual.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25