[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 for Fedora

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Sat Aug 29 19:30:02 CEST 2009

"NP" == Norbert Preining writes:

 >> Requires: texlive-tex-gyre

 NP> So you are packaging each an every tlp into one rpm. Wowww.....

 NP> Well, that makes many things easier, and at the same time also
 NP> complicated.  Many packages. In Debian we couldn't do that, adding
 NP> sooo many packages in one go.

Hmm, I wonder, why can't Debian do that?

Here is what i get for for the CPAN packages in Debian:

$ apt-cache search perl | egrep '^lib.*-perl ' | wc -l
1937

Why can't TeX Live packaging do the same granularity?

As you said, this approach has definite advantages. The only
disadvantage is the number of packages, but is it a no-go feature?

Best,
v.