[tex-live] Error with tex4ht on Win32

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Sat Aug 29 11:02:11 CEST 2009

Hi Vladimir,

> 2. run
> htlatex feature1.tex "xhtml,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"
> I get error:

Try
htlatex feature1.tex "xhtml ,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"
(
 Note a space in the 2nd argument. I don't understand why
 htlatex feature1.tex "xhtml,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"
 is ng and
 htlatex feature1.tex "xhtml ,charset=utf-8" " -cunihtf -utf8"
 is ok.
)

> and I don't get 'simple.html' file. I check
> $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-dist/tex4ht/base/win32/tex4ht.env and found
> <default>
> ic:\tex4ht\texmf\tex4ht\ht-fonts\iso8859\1\!
> while
> kpsewhich -varvalue=SELFAUTOPARENT => C:/texlive2009
> For some reason paths in configuration file for Windows are hard coded

Since the binaries are built on Kpathsea for the
TeX Live ones, the path before
/ht-fonts/ is ignored and it should be ok.

>From tex4ht.env:

% * When supported by kpathsea                                      %
%   + t entries are ignored                                         %
%   + the path before /ht-fonts/ is ignored in i records that don't %
%     represent real addresses                                      %

Best regards,
Akira Kakuto