[tex-live] EC license

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 29 00:57:16 CEST 2009

    By the way, I wonder whether it would be realistic to put up some
    standard argumentation about why (strong) naming clauses are often
    undesirable, that one could point authors to (or get inspiration
    from) when asking them to reconsider their initial licence choice.

My experience is that pointing people to general/"standard" arguments
is not useful.  Each author has to be written individually, with
attention to their own case.

Mostly, authors just copied from a "bad" source.  Sometimes they made a
deliberate choice.

Anyway.  Thanks to anyone and everyone who helps with this.