[tex-live] tlmgr update

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:55:37 CEST 2009

On 10/08/2009, Jobst Hoffmann <j.hoffmann at fh-aachen.de> wrote:
> 1) I don't find any updater-w32.log on my system, but I find a file
> tlmgr.log with messages about updating; I attach it
> 2) I attach the output of both commands as tlmgr-verson and tlmgr-v-v

Thanks, that is helpful. First some good news: judging from the
output, your installation should not be broken in any way, it just
wasn't updated.

The bad news is that I can't figure out what the exact reason for this
failure is. I will need some more help from you, I hope this is fine.

Could you, please, do the following:

1) make a backup of texlive.infra

  tlmgr backup --backupdir E:\Programme\texlive\2009\temp texlive.infra

2) send me the backup files from "E:\Programme\texlive\2009\temp"
(texlive.infra.r?????.tar.xz and texlive.infra.win32.r?????.tar.xz)
together with any *.bat or updater-w32* files from that directory

I hope this way I will be able to reproduce this problem on my system.

3) change the first line of
E:\Programme\texlive\2009\texmf\scripts\texlive\updater-w32 from
'@echo off' to '@echo on' and send me again the output from (no need
for -v this time):

  tlmgr update --self

Again, many thanks for your assistance.