[tex-live] dvipdfm(1) regression with TL 2009
j+tex-live at 2009.salmi.ch
Wed Aug 5 13:15:35 CEST 2009
Jonathan Kew --> tex-live (2009-08-05 09:32:24 +0100):
> On 5 Aug 2009, at 09:27, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> >I just built TL binaries from svn trunk and installed a TL 2009
> >version on a NetBSD/i386 system. With a LaTeX document which includes
> >several .eps graphics I'm seeing a regression with dvipdfm(1)
> >(which is
> >actually dvipdfmx now IIUC): with TL 2008's (non-dvipdfmx) dvipdfm(1)
> >the resulting .pdf looks fine, but with TL 2009's dvipdfm(1) some
> >included graphics seem to be replaced by graphics which are shown
> >elsewhere in the same document. The .dvi and .ps (generated by
> >dvips(1)) are fine, so it's definitely dvipdfm(1) which causes the
> >(Unfortunately I can't publish the document in question, but I
> >could try
> >to reproduce the problem with a small example document if this might
> Yes, I think that would be helpful.
Ok, I've put an example online. Running latex(1) on the .tex file
gives the expected results, but then running dvipdfm(1) does not.
Note that instead of g27.eps, g01.eps is shown in the resulting .pdf;
somehow displaying the .eps files seems to wrap after 26 files...
BTW, I can only reproduce this with dvipdfmx-20090708 (TL 2009), but not
with dvipdfmx-20080607 (TL 2008). The 2008 version works fine, as does
dvipdfm 0.13.2d (TL 2008).
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.
More information about the tex-live