[tex-live] TexLive 2009 Pretest OK

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Mon Aug 3 07:37:18 CEST 2009

2009/8/3 Thorsten Ries <thorsten_ries at gmx.de>:
> Dear folks,
>
> I tested TL2009 Pre with my "real-life" dissertation files, which make
> heavy use of formatting (soul, csquotes etc), graph-incl and textpos ...
> (not bibtex) everything works like a charm.
>
> Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!
>
> Another question: I stumbled over some remarks there will be something
> like fontspec for luatex in TL2009? Is that true? Will there be a quick
> howto?

Hello,

there is a draft of code for luafontspec, but nothing more than a
draft yet : http://github.com/mpg/luafontspec/tree/master, any help is
welcome. In the meantime you can use otf and ttf font with the \font
primitive, with the same syntax as XeTeX. To do so you only need
luaotfload, which is automatically loaded by luatextra in PDF mode.
(There is currently a bug with ofm fonts but it will be fixed soon).

Thank you,
--
Elie