[tex-live] error on (after) texlive 2008 installation

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Apr 16 21:15:46 CEST 2009

On 16 April 2009 Ulrike Fischer wrote:

 > Am Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:40:32 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:
 >
 >> It seems that after installation texmf/ls-R is not up-to-date.
 >
 > Probably dvips35.map is a generated map (and its content depends on
 > the setting of dvipsDownloadBase35 in the cfg). So it doesn't exist
 > when after the installation the ls-R are generated.

Hi Ulrike,
I assume that it existed already because I did nothing else between
running the commands kpsewhich, texhash, kpsewhich.  And texhash
doesn't create anything except the ls-R files.

What surprised me is that it never happened before.  I installed TL
zillions of times and tested getnonfreefonts very often with new
installations.  I'll try again next weekend.  If the problem is
reproducible, I think I'll find the cause.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25