[tex-live] mongolian.map in montex package

enrico.gregorio at univr.it enrico.gregorio at univr.it
Mon Apr 6 21:19:26 CEST 2009

> enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:
>
> > After the last update to montex, the mongolian.map file starts with
> >
> > grmn0700 TeX-grmn0700 <grmn0700.pfb
> > [...]
> >
> > What's the reason for that addition? I commented out the
>> offending lines in mongolian.map,
> > and ran updmap-sys as superuser. But ...
>
> this comes from trusting package authors.  the mongolians are
> particularly difficult to deal with -- they never answer mails (and ccs
> to corff don't help either).
>
> there's probably more we could do to check submissions (we do fairly
> regularly spot mistakes) but i (for one) am certainly in no position to
> spot something like that, since i don't have a complete system at my
> disposal, as you apparently have.
>
> i'm inclined to mend the brokenness on the archive, and send
> mail to the latest listed author.
>
> what do other ctan admins think?

I usually do a "install everything" and "update all", so I don't have to scratch my
head asking "in what collection does that package live"? I've never used Mongolian
fonts, as far as I remember, but sometimes I use Greek fonts, at least to show
TeX capabilities.

I can't think of a reason why they've added the Greek fonts, it might be something
related to babel, which loads them in some cases.

That's an obvious mistake, since their package doesn't have anything named like grmn.

I'll try to write them. But I suspect that other "install everything" people will have the same
problem.

Ciao
Enrico

--
Enrico Gregorio          + Dipartimento di Informatica          + Tel: +39 045 8027937
Enrico.Gregorio at univr.it + Università degli Studi di Verona     +