[tex-live] mongolian.map in montex package

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 6 21:04:01 CEST 2009

enrico.gregorio at univr.it wrote:

> After the last update to montex, the mongolian.map file starts with
>
> grmn0700 TeX-grmn0700 <grmn0700.pfb
> grmn0800 TeX-grmn0800 <grmn0800.pfb
> grmn1440 TeX-grmn1440 <grmn1440.pfb
> grmn2074 TeX-grmn2074 <grmn2074.pfb
> grmn1200 TeX-grmn1200 <grmn1200.pfb
> grmn1000 TeX-grmn1000 <grmn1000.pfb
> % grmn1095 TeX-grmn1095 <grmn1095.pfb
> grmn0900 TeX-grmn0900 <grmn0900.pfb
> gttn1000 TeX-gttn1000 <gttn1000.pfb
> gttn2488 TeX-gttn2488 <gttn2488.pfb
>
> kmr10 TeX-kmr10 <kmr10.pfb
>
> resulting in duplicate entries for the Greek fonts grmn in pdftex.map:
>
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex
> /updmap/pdftex.map): fontmap entry for `grmn0700' already exists, duplicates ig
> nored
> [...]
>
> What's the reason for that addition? I commented out the offending lines in mongolian.map,
> and ran updmap-sys as superuser. But ...

this comes from trusting package authors.  the mongolians are
particularly difficult to deal with -- they never answer mails (and ccs
to corff don't help either).

there's probably more we could do to check submissions (we do fairly
regularly spot mistakes) but i (for one) am certainly in no position to
spot something like that, since i don't have a complete system at my
disposal, as you apparently have.

i'm inclined to mend the brokenness on the archive, and send mail to the
latest listed author.

what do other ctan admins think?

robin