[tex-live] DTL (DVI Text Language): licence?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 27 21:30:42 CEST 2008

cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:

> > As Robin goes through them, we update accordingly.  It all takes time.
> >
> > In general, the answer for all these packages which are technically
> > nonfree due to noinfo or whatever, but are almost certainly intended to
> > be free, is to write the author.  Clea, if you have any time or
> > opportunity to do that, that would be great, just cc me.  (For that
> > matter, just researching current email addresses would be a help.)
>
> Do you have a standard message or what is crucial to say?
>
> Is there a list of packages in TL which fall into this category (as
> opposed to the licence-genuinely-unknown-default-nonfree category)? I'm
> not sure how to distinguish the cases on CTAN...

the catalogue is slowly losing its "unknown" licence entries in favour
of "noinfo" (meaning what it says) or real categories from "other-free"
and "other-nonfree" to increasingly more detailed specifications.

my working notes get copied (at least once a day) to
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rf10/unknown-licences.txt
i've just copied a version there.

there were 738 entries to process when i started; there are now 612;
there are 3304 entries in the catalogue.  (i've not even the excuse of
youth for all this misspent time -- there were well under 2000 when i
started working on the catalogue, and only the new files uploaded to
dante, over that time, were done by anyone other than me...)