[tex-live] Problem with pgf/tikz in tl 2008 on Windows

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:19:41 CEST 2008

2008/9/24 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:
>    .../tikz/libraries/tikzlibrarydecorations.pathmorphing.code.te
>
> For me on tug.org, lzmadec | tar doesn't have the truncated x.
>
> Whether it's a bug in tar or lzma or Windows or whatever, the only
> realistic way to address it is to have Till rename the file.  Perhaps
> you would be willing to write him about it?
>
> Thanks,

I have found that the problem was due to the tar.exe of win32 version
of texlive 2008 distribution.

On Windows XP, I have downloaded pgf.tar.lzma and extracted it with
lzmadec.win32.exe.  The extracted file, pgf.tar, had no problem,
because when I copied it to my Macintosh platform and untarred,
all filenames were ok.  So, we can say that lzma of texlive win32 distribution
had done its job perfectly.

Returned back again to Windows, now I untarred the the same file
with the tar.exe shipped with mingw32, not with texlive distribution.
This time, file name was not truncated at all.  As a result, it became
evident that tar.exe contained in texlive win32 distribution is the culprit.

I would appreciate if anybody confirm this.

Dohyun Kim