[tex-live] CoverVersion for germans and english

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 21 23:20:55 CEST 2008

Martin Scholz writes:

 > as far as I know there are up to know no official covers for the DVDs,
 > but if the TUG wants to use them as the official ones I just need the
 > Info what is missing on them or what I need to change and I will put it
 > on, but if you would like to have them I can sent them to you.

Hi Martin,
there will certainly be official covers for the DVD and I assume that
they are in production already.  But I suppose your main intention was
to provide a cover for the ISO image which can be downloaded from
tug.org.

Since there is a network installer now, the preferred way to install
TL is to use it.  I hope that not many people really need the ISO
image any more.  Using the network installer also disburdens tug.org
and CTAN significantly.

BTW, the official name is 'TeX Live', not 'TeXlive'.  We had a long
discussion on this list recently about publishing the sources.
Regarding your DVD cover, much more people would benefit from your
work if you make the sources available.

Don't you think it's nice if a Chinese can create a Chinese version?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25