[tex-live] Post-install problems (Solaris)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 19 16:49:49 CEST 2008

On Fr, 19 Sep 2008, Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
>  - texconfig-sys fails, due to missing whiptail binary; whiptail
>  seems widely available on Linux, but I couldn't find sources
>  to install it on Solaris; I used the batch syntax to configure;

Strange, the texconfig I see here does NOT use whiptail in any way, I
grepped for it in texconfig itself and texmf/texconfig/*.

Can you send us the output of a failed run,please.

>  - to add local fonts xxx imported in texmf-local, I used to add Map xxx.map
>  in updmap.cfg file. Now TL recommends to put all locally added fonts in
>  /some/file.cfg and to run command
>  tlmgr generate updmap -local /some/file.cfg
>  All I get is that -local is not a valid option.
>  tlgr --help is almost unreadable on Solaris.

WHy is it unreadable? That is a pod2man thing of normal perl. Does
solaris not have a decent perl? (Guess I have to ask my personal friend
Jäörg Schilling ;-)))

There is also
	texmf/doc/man/man1/tlmgr.pdf
	texmf/doc/man/man1/tlmgr.1
which you can read.

Short explanation: Either USE
	updmap(-sys) --enable Map xxx.map
so that it will be enabled, or add it to
	TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
and call
	tlmgr generate updmap

> Any clue ?

About the tlmgr yes, about man not working no, about whiptail no.

Best wishes

Norbert