[tex-live] mirroring the texlive archive/ selectively

Ivan Shmakov ivan at theory.asu.ru
Wed Sep 17 19:13:36 CEST 2008

 >> How do I mirror the TeXLive distribution selectively?  E. g., I'm
 >> not interested in platforms other than GNU/Linux on AMD64 and W32,
 >> and there also may be some packages which are of no value to me, nor
 >> for the users this mirror is intended for.

 > I do not use mirrors, I do not need to keep such files permanently,
 > I use squid with huge cache instead. I install several computers,
 > the first fill the squid cache and the next computers install from
 > the cache.

	In my case, the archive that was mirrored by Wget is then copied
	(using rsync) to an external (SATA, USB) hard disk, which I then
	carry physically to connect to the host serving as an HTTP
	server for the LAN, over which TeXLive is to be installed.

	Also, the exact point of time when the installation is performed
	is at the particular administrator's discretion.  The delay
	between installations may be up to several weeks, I guess.
	Presumably, the cached content will by expired by the time.

[...]