[tex-live] pdftex LFS bug: on mac too?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 19:50:45 CEST 2008

I reported what I found after some investigation and
testing. If most of this is already known to you, then I
applogize for posting them.

Martin has already provided a good fix for TL: added
--disable-largefile to the Build script. A slightly better
fix is to disable LFS support by default, and change
--disable-largefile to --enable-largefile

Someone may want to fix the config stuff to get LFS working
on all systems. It seems hard to me so I will not try that.
I vote for disabling LFS by default, and document that
enabling LFS might break things on some systems.

Regards test case: I will submit I I have to TL, if Karl
agrees. However, it's not anything close to systematic.

Regards,
Thanh