[tex-live] no new TL images -> thawed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 12 02:48:02 CEST 2008

I've run the test file Manuel reported on a ppc-darwin machine (thanks
as always to Nelson, our god of architecture availabilty :), and it ran
fine with the released TL'08.  It turns out that largefile support was
already disabled in the released powerpc binaries.

Therefore I don't want to make new images and further delay production +
possibly introduce new problems.  Users on other platforms are not
nearly as numerous as MacOSX, and running "tlmgr update pdftex" is not
an insuperable barrier.

Manfred, please proceed with the images you already have.

We should still update the binaries in the repository.  In addition to
the sparc and aix binaries that Vladimir and Arthur already committed, I
have committed new i386-linux, hp, and amd64-freebsd binaries.  Will do
the rest as they come in.  Other builders, fire away :).

Consider the repository thawed.

karl